The auxiliary equipment required for diesel generator sets includes soundproof enclosures and units without soundproof enclosures, starters, thermal protection switches, fuel tanks, etc. Some types of generator sets provide a large fuel tank as a standard configuration for the unit to run continuously for 6 to 8 hours at full load.
The auxiliary equipment required for diesel generator sets includes soundproof enclosures and units without soundproof enclosures, starters, thermal protection switches, fuel tanks, etc. This article is introduced by AUTS TECHNOLGY, a professional diesel generator set manufacturer.
1. Soundproof cover and unit without soundproof cover:
Relevant standards: Early European laws stipulated that the noise should not be greater than 85dBA when measured 1 meter away from the equipment. Now, the new regulations require that the noise of the generator set on site cannot be greater than 100LWA. Specifically, in the following cases, AUTS TECHNOLOGY recommends the use of a unit with a soundproof cover (silent type). 1. Camping; 2. Caravan; 3. Mobile market; 4. Residential area.
2. Configure a self-detachable starter.
1) Units below 5KW (including 5KW) can be equipped with manual start or automatic start, and units above 5KW are powered by their own battery.
2) Remote control and self-start: The two optional configurations of remote control and self-start are only applicable to diesel units. Remote control enables the unit to be activated at a distance. And self-start can make the unit start automatically when the main power fails, and supply power to the load.
3. All generator sets with electrical protection system have a thermal protection switch as an optional configuration, which is used to protect the generator set. In addition, there is a quick trip leakage protection switch to protect the safety of the unit and the power supply system. Once the switch detects the leakage current, it will quickly cut off the electrical output circuit.
Thermal protection switch + oil safety device = overall safety
4. Long-term operation of the fuel tank
Some types of generator sets are provided with a large fuel tank as a standard configuration, which can be used for continuous full-load operation of the unit for 6 to 8 hours. The outdoor silent unit can be equipped with a large base fuel tank for the generator set to run continuously for more than 12 hours, and at the same time meet the customer’s requirements for automatic refueling of the daily fuel tank, and realize the long-term operation of the unit.