- Cummins Engine (354)
- Cummins Generator Set (71)
- Cummins Power Unit (11)
- Marine Equipment (100)
- Cummins Spare Parts (191)
Marine deck machinery refers to the equipment and devices used on ships and offshore platforms for various operations and tasks related to the vessel’s deck area. These machinery systems are essential for the safe and efficient functioning of maritime operations. Here are some commonly used marine deck machinery:
1. Windlasses and Mooring Winches: Windlasses are used for heaving up and letting out the ship’s anchor, while mooring winches are used for handling mooring lines during docking and anchoring operations.
2. Capstans: Capstans are rotating machines used for handling ropes, wires, and chains. They are often used for mooring and anchoring operations, as well as for general cargo handling.
3. Cranes: Cranes are used for lifting and moving heavy loads on and off the ship. They are vital for cargo operations, offshore construction, and other lifting requirements.
4. Davits: Davits are small cranes or hoists used for launching and recovering lifeboats, rescue boats, and other small vessels.
5. Deck Winches: Deck winches are used for various purposes, such as handling cargo, securing equipment, and adjusting tension on wires and ropes.
6. Fairleads: Fairleads are used to guide ropes, wires, and chains to prevent them from chafing or fouling. They are commonly found on deck edges, bitts, and other suitable locations.
7. Bollards: Bollards are sturdy posts or pillars installed on the deck to secure ropes, wires, and chains. They provide a strong anchoring point for mooring lines.
8. Towing Winches: Towing winches are used for handling towing operations, such as connecting and releasing towlines, adjusting tension, and controlling the movement of the towed vessel or object.
9. Stern Ramp and Bow Ramp Systems: These are hydraulic or mechanical systems used to facilitate the loading and unloading of cargo, vehicles, and personnel to and from the ship’s deck.
10. Helideck Systems: Helideck systems consist of various equipment, including landing nets, lighting, fire-fighting equipment, and fueling facilities, for safe helicopter operations on offshore platforms and certain types of ships.
These are just some examples of marine deck machinery, and there are many other specialized equipment and systems used in maritime operations. Each machinery type serves a specific purpose and contributes to the overall efficiency and safety of deck operations on ships and offshore structures.